[Preston] Re: Booting up Mandrake 9.2

Granville Cousins granville at yogawithgranville.com
Thu Feb 12 01:26:21 GMT 2004

Hello PLUG,

  I have just installed Mandrake 9.2 onto my Laptop. When the bootup
  sequence begins everything goes well until it reaches a stage where
  it asks me for my localhost login. I give my login name and then my
  password. This is accepted but then the screen goes down to a
  command prompt [name at localhost name]$ and I can't boot into the
  Graphical Desktop of Mandrake. What command should I give to do
  this. I am a newby with Linux so please keep any replies as simple
  as poss.

  Thanks.

--
Love and Light,