[Preston] My Desktop Lives! :-)

Dougie Nisbet plug at highmoor.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 14:08:06 GMT 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 20:02, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:

[ ... ]

> I am pleased to say that the advice that Steve (who also knows a lot
> about Postfix) gave me at the meeting worked -

Talking about postfix. I had a real headache with a mail-loop last week. I was
running exim because that's what debian had installed by default. Recalling
someone saying at the last meeting that they'd found postfix a lot easier to
configure than exim I decided to try it. With 7000 or so mails stuck on my
ISPs mailserver and a similar amount on my mailqueue, there didn't seem much
to lose. I don't understand exim, and I don't understand postfix, but postfix
is much easier to not understand than exim, and I'm sticking with it. My mail
problems have gone away, and if it ain't broke ...

Dougie