[Preston] Bad Debian day

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Fri Feb 27 14:33:47 GMT 2004

'ellow,

> Thanks for that - it doesn't seem to be working for 2.6 though.
> ne2k-pci is already listed there, but wasn't getting loaded.

I think that's because in 2.6 it is /etc/modprobe.conf -- not
/etc/modules.

Also, for 2.6 you need to install the ``module-init-tools'' package.
This will set up all the scripts and conf files you need to get your
system to load the required modules on start up.

It might be a good idea to keep the old ``modutils'' package and
/etc/modules installed so that if you need to go back to 2.4 it will
still work.

Hope this helps,

bye just now,

--