[Preston] [ Off-Topic ] EROS -- A totally different type of OS

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Tue Jul 6 16:11:53 BST 2004

'ello,

There was some interest in this at the last meeting so I thought I'd
post a link to it.  This is an OS that has a totally different security
model (I'm talking about interal process security and reliability).  It
is called the Capability model and EROS' implementation of it has been
proved using formal (logic) methods.

Here's the site:
http://www.eros-os.org/

It was (not sure if it still is) a DARPA-funded project.  For a decent
introduction to the whole thing, try:
http://www.eros-os.org/faq/faq.html

Sorry again for the OT post; I thought that it may be of interest to the
people who were interested last meeting and also anyone who is into the
design of OSes.

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>