[Preston] Monitor setting

Garry Taylor taylorg at southport-college.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 09:06:56 BST 2004

Hi all,
   In my experience, when the monitor setting are incorrect within
/etc/X11/XConfig.4 or /etc/X11/XConfig the monitor will flicker as it tries
the different setting. If it fails to find a sutable setting then it will
drop to a shell (normally Bash).
If it does not drop to a shell then there is a more serious problem..

Gizard