[Preston] Monitor setting

Matthew Field mlf1ect at bolton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 03:11:47 BST 2004

> Matthew,
>
> I understand your point, but leave that for 6 months into the
> installed system when you've got some data you need to keep. ;-)
>
> If the install had screwed up halfway though, you'd have has
> no regrets rebooting and starting from scratch.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I've now started a reinstall so
hopefully it'll work ok.

> BTW, what type of monitor and graphics card have you got?  Is
> the card on the Red Hat hardware list?  Did you try and
> install it as a 3D card perhaps when your card isn't
> supported..??  Mine goes bananas under SuSE if I set it to
> 3D, even though it's supposedly supported and a really good
> spec one too.
>
> Dave.

It's a 7/8 year old 17" generic monitor through a KVM switch. The
graphics card is SIS and built on to the motherboard. Seems to be
working now. Just got to learn what I'm doing with it and find something
useful for it to do.

Cheers

Matthew Field