[Preston] ALSA Demo -- Planned and Possible Demo Items

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Tue May 25 19:22:54 BST 2004

'ellow,

> I think it might be good if we stay away from whatsoever sound apps,
> I've seen that lame for example has some docs on its homepage.
> What would be more interesting imho, is maybe how kde and gnome connect
> to sound/alsa, and what role arts plays in this game. I lacking the "big
> picture".

> It might be good to also demo lame, to convert music to mp3?
> also grip is a cool tool.

I think it is also probably best to avoid talking too specifically about
certain tools -- my favourite rippers are abcde (console) and
sound-juicer (GNOME).  I am sure that not everyone agrees with me :-).
I may mention FLAC is it is a format issue, but probably won't go into
specifics (as abcde, sound-juicer and grip can encode in it).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>