[Preston] ALSA Demo -- Planned and Possible Demo Items

Dougie Nisbet plug at highmoor.co.uk
Thu May 27 08:48:44 BST 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 19:26, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:

[ ... ]

> I'm not too familiar with score software but if it can export in MIDI
> format (as a .midi file) then you can play that with timidity (software)
> or with the tool I will demo on Wednesday (hardware).

I don't know if anyone on the list is interested but I've just stumbled across
a package that does exactly what I want. It's called 'hydrogen' and it is
specifically for drum tabs which is what I was after. It's a really snazzy
program.

I installed timidity a few weeks ago but couldn't get my head around it. From
the limited amount of googling I did it seems a lot of folk run it in daemon
mode? I keep thinking of trying to learn a bit about the whole midi thing but
everytime I dip a toe in the water I end up being thoroughly bewildered. I
think the main problem is that I'm too lazy to sit down and read the docs.

Dougie