[Preston] Meeting on Weds: Virtual Machine Monitors

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Fri Apr 1 13:45:47 BST 2005

'ello,

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 00:00 +0000, Guy Heatley wrote:
> The meeting will also give us the chance to rant about software patents. At
> least a couple of PLUG members have been invited to attend the meeting
> organised by the UK Patent Office to clarify what is meant by "technical
> contribution" in the context of a software patent.
> Read about it here:
> http://www.patent.gov.uk/media/pressrelease/2005/0402.htm

I'm just catching up a bit so am sure all the ranting has taken place
(and so it should!) but haven't seen any replies on this thread and was
wondering if there is any news.  I heard that the European Council are
attempting to / have already decided they'll pass the law anyway,
despite opposition, and wonder if the UK is intending to implement it.
>From the web site above, it looks like they're gearing up to make at
least some changes to our patent system...

BTW, I apologise if this has all been asked and discussed before (A URL
to the thread would be nice if it has); I have been living under a
Braille embosser in Loughborough for the past few months (final-year
project).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>