[Preston] RE: Preston Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2

Michael A Orton michael_orton at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 16:44:43 BST 2005

entertaining!

>Now I'm wondering if some of you could give me a bit of help in choosing
>University Degree. I'm currently studying for A levels in Computing,
>Geography, Maths and Physics and will probably drop the Physics for my final
>
>year. I'm not a genius but will hopefully manage to get some B's!!!
>
>The first decision is what course do I opt for (there are so many that
>relate to computers) and secondly which Uni to select
>
>So the first question is: Do you recommend a general computing degree (or
>
>maybe even Maths - but then again!) so my options will be greater when I
>
>emerge from the other end or do I plump for one of the areas I'm interested
>
>in - software engineering (programming), robotics, AI, networks, security
>
>etc?
>
>Secondly of course is which Uni to select - any offers?
>

>Thank You,
>bob
>

>------------------------------
My son Daniel did a BSc(Hon) Engineering in Multimedia computing at Demontfort
University leicester.

Contact DeMontfort university and get details.
He got a 2.1.

Mike Orton., CSci., CPhys., MInstP., MSRP., DCT(Batt). PGCE(Wales).
All outgoing mail checked using FRISK's FP-win
with daily updates.

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/