[Preston] RE: Preston Digest, Vol 83, Issue 5

ianio ian.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:07:43 GMT 2005

Just an update to let you know how i got on.
After installing my new motherboard suse10 fired up. all but the xwindows
worked. after much stressing and forum reading on another PC i managed to
get the thing back in one piece.
as simple as
sax2 -r
redetected my cards and i was up and running. however XP was not so
forgiving and i ended up with a full re-install. just one more tick in the
box for why i swapped.
next stop a refrigerated heat sink and some hardcore overclocking.
Chears for all the previous suggestions and advice.