[Preston] RE: Preston Digest, Vol 83, Issue 5

Michael A Orton michael_orton at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 20:31:28 GMT 2005

Booting with new motherboard.
With SuSE 9.1 I had no problems when I changed from an Intel P-IV to an AMD
based mother board.
The old one burnt out as I had overclocked it, but it did last for 18 months.
It just started almost as usual taking more time to find the new bits.
By contrast win XP wouldn't boot, and had to be re-installed and re-activated.(It
was dual boot, using GRUB).

Mike Orton., CSci., CPhys., MInstP., MSRP., DCT(Batt). PGCE(Wales).
All outgoing mail checked using FRISK's FP-win
with daily updates.

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!

Christmas gift ideas and festive features - visit the Tiscali Christmas microsite.
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/christmas