[Preston] The Virtualisation of Machines

Phil Robinson phil.robinson at voicescape.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:41:49 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Well, I'll be giving the talk at this month's PLUG meeting and wearing my
award winning T-Shirt. ;) The topic is "The Virtualisation of Machines". I'm
not sure I will fit it all in or have everything prepared but here's a quick
overview of what I intend to cover...

1. Introduction and history

2. What is the virtualisation of machines?

3. The basics of how VMM's work

4. Virtual Networks

5. Available Systems

6. Cool things you can do using VMM's <note> This is where I do some
practical demo's that inevitably will go wrong ;) </note>

7. Practical applications for VMM's

Hope to see you there!

Phil.