[Preston] Two points

Garry Taylor taylorg at southport-college.ac.uk
Sun May 22 12:32:15 BST 2005

>> 1 - ECDL. As a technician in high school i can confirm >> that most
ICT
>> teaching staff have no idea about the difference >> between memory
and hard
>> disk space.

At our college we have a high quality of teaching staff. The problem we
have is that the awarding body is sometimes wrong. These means we have
two choices. Teach the learner to memorise the wrong answer (for the
test only) or challenge the awarding body. I choose the first because I
am a lazy get and after deviding the 20 pound per hour over the 15 hours
it can sometime take, I am on 1.33p an hour.
Would you be bothered.
My collegue where.
The awarding body for ECDL told us we where wrong! :)

Giz

Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications
medium.  We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security
when e-mailing us.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.