[Preston] Optimising Apache/MySQL !

B McLellan bob.mclellan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:02:01 GMT 2007

I have played with this before  ... though it was a while ago. It
helps to know where the bottlenecks are occuring, apache or mySQL. I
used basic tools like top to monitor this and discovered that mySQL
was eating most resources, so i concentrated on my.cnf. In the end
though I found the best solution was to stick Apache and MySQL on
their own individual boxes.