[Preston] July Meeting

Neil Forshaw princeneil2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 22:58:01 BST 2007

Whoa I'm confused (might be jsut spending hours on
prob I mention below and me brain has died), is plug
on tommorow (tue 3rd july)?

Anaywas talking of wireless i've got a weird prob.
Just got a new laptop and me wireless is working out
the box for connecting to unencrypted networks (
discovered when I misteriously connected to some
random wireless network eleswhere on the street :)
however when I try to connect to my WPA PSK encrypted
network it just keeps on trying for x amount of mins
then gives up and connects to a neighbours unencrypted
network. I've tried the network card threough vista (
WHAA.... shudder) and it's fine but through Ubuntu
linux it just doesn't like encryption. Not even WEP.
(note I have managed to connect to me router by trying
without any encryption thorugh linux))
 Been trying that WPA_supplicant malarky and got
nowhere with that, just wondering if there;s some
weird way linux usually does wireless encryption.