[Preston] meeting

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:04:24 BST 2008

Hi

Interesting, I've offered to do a presentation in Lancaster of Linux and
what it offers disabled users.  I know of a group who are wanting to
provide an internet cafe for disabled users.  So I immediately asked
whether they had thought of using Linux.  My understanding is that there
is little understanding of Linux by the group.  If it goes ahead, then
I'll be demonstrating Ubuntu 8.04 as it can be booted either as a
talking desktop or a talking installer.

So such a group would be useful to me if there's anyone who might be
able to offer me some support in doing the presentation.

Gena