Accessibility demonstration -- was: RE: [Preston] meeting

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 11 09:10:17 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 23:04 +0100, Georgina Joyce wrote:
> Interesting, I've offered to do a presentation in Lancaster of Linux and
> what it offers disabled users.  I know of a group who are wanting to
> provide an internet cafe for disabled users.  So I immediately asked
> whether they had thought of using Linux.  My understanding is that there
> is little understanding of Linux by the group.  If it goes ahead, then
> I'll be demonstrating Ubuntu 8.04 as it can be booted either as a
> talking desktop or a talking installer.
>
> So such a group would be useful to me if there's anyone who might be
> able to offer me some support in doing the presentation.

What are the possible dates? I'm interested if I'm available.

 - Richard

btw apologies for cross-posting, but I think it'd be helpful
if other Lancaster LUGgers got a chance to volunteer, too ;-)

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office: 4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Oxford                     contact matthew at m6-it.org