[Preston] linux server

Georgina Joyce ready2golinux at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 11:51:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 21:10 +0100, Richard McLellan wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Can someone help me out here?
> I am looking to put together a linux server as a web host test unit,
> but I prefer to use the GUI interface.  Is there a server version with
> a GUI already?  If someone can put together a CD like this I would be
> very grateful.

Have you looked at existing options?  Many servers are run by linux or
some other derivatives of unix.  Have you seen:

http://www.smoothwall.org.

Reading it now it seems that the express version is designed as a
firewall.  But check it out.

Of course google is your friend.  By plugging "linux graphical server"
there's hist from the ubuntu community and of course the European
distribution SuSE by Novell.

Good luck.

Gena