[Preston] linux server

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Mon May 4 02:20:55 UTC 2009

I'd second this fairly eloquent piece of advice.

There are people here who can help you along the way through each step.

The first step is to install ubuntu.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=install+ubuntu

The second step would be to install the webserver stack
(Apache/PHP/MySql assuming that's what you wanted) and webmin.

you'll probably want something like this
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-serverinstall-gui-and-webmin-in-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex-guide.html
or
http://jamielesouef.com/linux/installing-ubuntu-server-lampsshftpwebmin-and-phpmyadmin-for-a-newbie/

to help you through,

I've never used webmin, but it's definitely what you want.

If you need any help, just shout :)

Tim