[Preston] Get together.

Godwin Stewart gstewart at bonivet.net
Tue Jul 29 13:02:47 UTC 2014

On 29/07/2014 13:48, Mark P Wallbank wrote:

> Hi Just bumped into Guy. Anybody feel like a bit of a social evening
> at some point in the future?

I've been lurking on this mailing list for a while now (years,
literally!) and can see my way to getting out and about a bit at long
last. A bit of a social would be a good idea, I reckon.

By way of some background, I've been using GNU/Linux in various
incarnations since about 1999. Started off with Red Hat 5.2, I think
back then, used Slackware for a number of years from about 2001 onwards
but drifted towards Ubuntu maybe 3-4 years ago.

In 2004-ish I co-founded a local LUG in the area where I was then living
(in France) and even got interviewed about it on local radio! That all
seems to have fallen apart now, unfortunately. The LUG's internet domain
seems to have expired so nobody has bothered with it by the looks of it.

A village called Banks next to Southport is where I call home, and I
work as a software developer in Haslingden (East Lancs, not far from
Rossendale) so I pass fairly close to Preston on the way to/from work
every day. I'm also a member of a social/charity organisation called "41
Club" and serve on its national council.

I hope to meet up with some PLUG members in the near future!

--
Godwin Stewart -- <gstewart at bonivet.net>