[Preston] Get together.

Mark Walton markwalton1967 at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 18:59:58 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

As a regular at the Preston Raspberry Jams, Blackpool LUG/Makerspace and
more recently at GeekUp Preston and the Manchester LUG this very
weekend, I have been discussing the absence of a Preston LUG meeting
with a few of our colleagues at these forums.

I'm about to have a short holiday and then a minor op on my knee which
will see me out of circulation for the whole of August, but I would like
to try and pull something together when I get back.
I'd prefer to see some Open Source / Linux / Maker type of get together
rather than another social (the Preston GeekUp and associated Breakfast
do this very well already).

Man-Lug are planning a New User open day event at the moment, whilst the
Blackpool Lug are working on building a MAME cabinet (along with various
old PC upgrades and problem fixes); both seem to benefit from a
makerspace/workshop type location, regular attendees and a great
community spirit.
It would be good to get something similar going here in Preston and
hopefully take advantage of our central location to collaborate with the
other neighboring groups where possible.

I have a space we could utilize initially if we could generate any
interest in, say, a monthly get together ?

Anyone else have any thoughts?
_*
*__*Mark Walton*_

Twitter: @markwalton1967