[Preston] A LUG needs a purpose

B McLellan bob.mclellan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:54:12 UTC 2016

Its a while since I've had any involvement with the education sector but if
you are looking to get involved with schools I suspect coding would be the
way to go. The old IT curriculum was basically an MS Office course which
added to the MS lock in. I believe there are now some programming elements
with python one of the preferred languages. Old school IT teachers with
little programming experience would probably welcome assistance and a few
Raspberry Pi/Micro bits would be the only hardware required.
Just my 2p

;)