[Ryedale] Update

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 22:26:53 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I've just been expanding on the work Paul did with the website design.
There's still a long way to go and much I'm unhappy with, but it does
give something to start with.  You can see my efforts at:

http://www.gcguk.demon.co.uk

I've added the other pages and filled them a little.  The home page is
largely taken from the Scarborough site with additions from yours truly.
The meetings page I'm unhappy about but can't think of anything better
at the moment.  The mailing list page is about there and the library
page too, for the moment.  The members page is need of something from
the rest of you and a picture of me, when I find one I think won't scare
people off.

The picture across the top has my effort with Tux on the Ryedale
background which I might do again, but we need a good panorama shot
depicting Ryedale in all it's glory to fill the rest of the space.
Dave, you have some cracking shots on your site and are obviously the
photographer in the group.  Do you think you might have something
suitable?

Jamie, I spotted you'd signed up.  I was wondering if you'd share any
details of setting up the LUG you think appropriate.  Something I'm not
sure about is the IRC channel.  I'm under the impression that #ryedale
is not something reserved for us, but that anyone can claim it.  Am I
close?  How did you go about setting it up for SLUG?

I received passwords for both PHP and mysql today, so all those ideas
for funkyness can now be set up on the site. :)

Any ideas, changes, rewrites or additions for the site. please shout.
It would be nice to get a basic version live on the lug box before too
long.

I'm off now as my eyes are turning square.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>