[Ryedale] Back in Ryedale

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon May 1 12:43:07 BST 2006

Hi folks,

Firstly; thanks for the best wishes you sent for my father, much
appreciated.  He is now much better than we dared to hope for when I
last posted to the group.  Still a long way to go, but things now look
far more hopeful.

A few things have been moving in my absence that you should know about.

We are now listed on both the http://lugww.counter.li.org/ and
and has received their June copy they may have seen we should be
included in the lists of UK LUGs.  If you can think of any other places
we should contact like this then don't hesitate to let me know.

I'm starting to get responses to requests for people to give talks with
Jonathan Worthington agreeing to present his Introduction to Perl talk
and Gavin Baker to give his Intro to LaTex talk.  Dates to be sorted
yet, as is the venue to be confirmed.  Things are still pretty crazy
here, but I will try to get my Intro to Vim, to be given via IRC,
complete before the end of the year.

Oh well!  I've a million other things to catch up with, so I'd best be
on with them.

Lastly, welcome to Ash who recently subscribed.  Hope to hear from you
soon.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>