[Ryedale] Mail list suggestion

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 13:56:25 BST 2006

david richards wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  From time to time I need to visit the RyedaleLUG web page but I have to go
> back through the mailing list posts to find the address. I know I should
> bookmark it but I haven't.
>
> I suggest that there should be a web link to the user group web page
> appended to the end of posts to the group, hopefully this could be done
> automatically.

Hmm, I've added this as requested.

There used to be something similar when the list first started but I
removed it as I thought it simply unnecessary cruft.  However, after
your mail I thought it might be a good thing to have it added so that
anyone finding our mail via a search engine would have a URL to follow
back to the group.  Unfortunately as a mailman attachment, it gets
stripped from mail in the archives.

So, this leaves me back to my thoughts of unnecessary cruft again.  I'd
prefer not to have this attachment myself and as "Ryedale Linux User
Group", "Ryedale LUG" and Ryelug all give the group homepage within the
first four results of a google search.  I'm struggling to think of a
reason for it to stay.  I think that unless there's a "Save the
Attachment" campaign, I'm going to bin it in a week.

Go on Dave, just bookmark it!  You know you want to really. :)

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>