[Ryedale] Mail list suggestion

Paul Teasdale pdt at ryetek.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 17:04:10 BST 2006

On Thu, October 5, 2006 14:05, Al Girling wrote:
> david richards wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I suggest that there should be a web link to the user group web page
>> appended to the end of posts to the group, hopefully this could be done
>> automatically.
>
> Hmm, I've added this as requested.
>
> There used to be something similar when the list first started but I
> removed it as I thought it simply unnecessary cruft.  However, after
> your mail I thought it might be a good thing to have it added so that
> anyone finding our mail via a search engine would have a URL to follow
> back to the group.  Unfortunately as a mailman attachment, it gets
> stripped from mail in the archives.

I think it is included as an attachment so as not to break any gpg
signature done on the e-mail (should there be one). If it was simply
appended to the actual e-mail it would definately stop the e-mail
signature from being correctly validated as it has essentially been
tampered with. However as Al points out mailman strips any attachments.
With this in mind I am not that sure as to it's value.

Regards,
Paul