[Ryedale] Dysphonic LUG

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 23:16:45 BST 2007

This was posted in another mailing list to which i am not happy about

If your wondering what lug is its Linux User Group

-----

Hello all, need some advise here.

I am about to start a LUG for people with speech impediments. I get lots
of emails from people with speech impediments regarding Linux. So I
thought I'd set one up, although I do say go to your local LUG!

You're thinking: why another LUG?

Dumb people communicate using BSL or by writing on stuffs so English is
not our first language. So if they post on here, people might not
realise how dumb they are and point them to another LUG or even another
operating system. I have seen this happen a few times.

My question is: when setting up a LUG, do people shoot you down and tell
you not to bother because you are dumb? Why bother with a dumb LUG if it
is for only a few dumb people talking in dumb language? There aren't
many dumb people using Linux or Apple because most dumb people are on
Microsoft: most government agencies, large banking institutes, the Royal
Navy, and so on.

Please help me make Linux easier for dumb people!

--
Luke Stutters