[Ryedale] Dysphonic LUG

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 10:44:55 BST 2007

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> This was posted in another mailing list to which i am not happy about
>
> If your wondering what lug is its Linux User Group
>

> -----
>

> Hello all, need some advise here.
>
> I am about to start a LUG for people with speech impediments. I get lots
> of emails from people with speech impediments regarding Linux. So I
> thought I'd set one up, although I do say go to your local LUG!
>
> You're thinking: why another LUG?
>
> Dumb people communicate using BSL or by writing on stuffs so English is
> not our first language. So if they post on here, people might not
> realise how dumb they are and point them to another LUG or even another
> operating system. I have seen this happen a few times.
>
> My question is: when setting up a LUG, do people shoot you down and tell
> you not to bother because you are dumb? Why bother with a dumb LUG if it
> is for only a few dumb people talking in dumb language? There aren't
> many dumb people using Linux or Apple because most dumb people are on
> Microsoft: most government agencies, large banking institutes, the Royal
> Navy, and so on.
>
> Please help me make Linux easier for dumb people!

This is obviously a very similar group to that which you have started as
Deaf-LUG.  In fact, would they be similar enough to be classed as one
group?  Maybe you should contact him to see if he'd be willing to join
you.

> --
> Luke Stutters
Hmm,   ^^^^^^^^ Am I the only one who thinks this might be a joke?

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>