[Ryedale] Speedtouch USB Modem

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:11:11 GMT 2007

After spending numerous times fixing someone's windows  computers I
have noticed they all use speed touch usb modem for broadband.

When asked what I use I tell them I use linux and they are welcome to
have my knoppix or ubunto live cds.
Even though I have never used speedtouch I have  heard its not
compatible with linux am I right thinking that?.
So can you imagine giving out the cds and they find they can't get on
internet so they give up and stick with linux.
I have not tried it as I don't have speed touch modem

Fintan