[Ryedale] Deaf Lug

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:09:16 GMT 2007

On 17/01/07, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Another point raised was the possible worry of fragmentation on both the
> Deaf and Linux groups, but I think that you're more likely to get a good
> national group of deaf Linux users discussing their specific need but
> attending a local LUGs meetings for general Linux questions.  I imagine
> this is how the Armed Forces LUG and Autistic LUG, among others,
> function.

You got it in one. It will also encourage one another to go to a local
lug if they
have trouble installing a distro.
Also another plan was if we wanted to go to a Linux expo for example
we all chip in
to pay for an interpreter .

> If you go to http://www.lug.org.uk/ and start the process of creating
> your LUG, am I right in thinking you're already subscribed to the
> Lugmasters list?  If not, then I would do so.  I'm sure you've already
> had a fiddle and have some sort of website planned which you should put
> into place as quickly as possible.  Those holding pages are really
> off putting for people searching for new folks.  Have you got a small
> band of deaf Linux users, however small, to get the ball rolling as I
> found any support welcome in setting up Ryedale LUG.

I have already registered at the lug org and remembering how you and Paul did it
I have already got some deaf web guru's who are happy to design a
website for nothing.
one guy who runs the lug.org said that I could send email to all lug
about it etc.

> So, all the best with it and I'll look forward to seeing your name join
> the list of lugmasters!  As soon as it's going I'll be happy to add a
> link from our site.

I think it would be a good idea as knowing a Deaf person uses Rydale
lug and they will be happy to attend .

*** please do not read any further if you easily get upset how many
people have signed up my deaf-uk-chat mailing list****

By the way al  deaf-ukchat mailing list subscribtion have reached 43
and it has only been going for 3 months now :-P

Fintan