[Ryedale] August meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:28:22 BST 2008

Hi folks,

We have a date of the 18th set for our next meeting.  The Spotted Cow
again I think.

I was involved in a micro mapping party of York for the OSM project last
Saturday and enjoyed a pleasant and informative afternoon.  It turns out
that two of the Yorkies intend to come over for our next meeting.  In
which case I'll get my baking head on so we can greet then with cake!

They are both GPG users so bring slips/ID for a keysigning and both
mappers for the OSM.  Matthew is subscribed here already and is keen to
promote the map further.  I think I need to ply him with more beer yet,
but hope I can persuade him to come over to show us little about the
astronomy software Stellarium, with which he is familiar.

It's a couple of weeks away yet, so I hope to see a few of you at The
Spotted Cow on the 18th.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>