[Ryedale] August meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 13:28:10 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 12:16:54PM BST, Matthew Gates wrote:
> I'm really sorry to say this - I will not be able to make it.  I have a
> family birthday event which is on the 18th.  Sorry!  I should have realised
> when we were talking about it at the mapping event, but for some reason it
> didn't click.

Ah well, not to worry.  Until Lima and yourself said that you were
planning to come across I was weighing up whether to bin the August meet
or not.

Over the last couple of days I've sent out a number of emails to try to
chivvy, encourage and coerce people into coming.  I've yet to receive a
positive response.  Unless this changes by the end of the week I'll pull
the plug on the August meet and say the next meet will be the 15th Sept.

I've said elsewhere that the summer time is poor for LUG meets.  I hope
things pick up in the autumn.

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>
Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>