[Ryedale] June meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 11:03:49 BST 2008

Hi folks,

In the end, just Neil and I headed over to the YLUG meet at the the
Terrier on Monday.  It was good to put some faces to names I know from
their mailing list and have a general discussion.  The Open Street Map
received a fair bit of attention as did GnuPG.  With the distinct
possibility of a joint key signing taking place at some time with most of
the Yorkies present expressing an interest in such an event.

If Matthew has left any areas of York to map then a mapping party is
also on the cards too.  So this could be another good opportunity for a
joint event.

Other topics discussed included the poor quality of password choices
made by most office staff and companies desperate attempts to improve
their security.  Also electrically assisted Brompton Cycles as one of
the Yorkies, Harry, whose father is loosely connected with the company.
Could be an answer to the spiralling fuel costs!  Liam gave a
description of the meeting in Manchester with Richard Stallman.  Sounded
like a good do, shame I couldn't join him.

I'm sure man other things were discussed, but my memory fails me just
now.  I'll put a more complete write-up on the LUG web site shortly.
After a couple of cups of coffee to wake me fully.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>
Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>