[Ryedale] Bletchley Park

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 10:16:53 BST 2008

Hi folks,

Yesterday, it was brought to my attention that Bletchley Park is in a
poor way financially.  They are selling off bit of roof slate to raise
money to keep the place running and things are generally in a shaky
state of affairs.  The people running the place have applied to the
lottery etc to gain funding, but as with most good causes they have been
refused.  There is a petition at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BletchleyPark/

I have just signed up to this myself, though what it will achieve is
something I can't answer.

This has brought to mind an idea I've been nursing for a while now.
Would there be any interest in a group visit to the place?  Apparently
we could book in advance and have a guided tour of the place.  Now some
of you may have already been of course, but I'd just like to gauge the
level of interest.  Fintan has already expressed his interest.  Let me
know what you think.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>