[Ryedale] Star Party

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 11:22:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:33:13AM BST, Matthew Gates wrote:
> Hi Al.
>
> I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law.  My best wishes to all.

Thanks Matthew.

> I'm back from holiday now.  If you organise another star party, I'd love to
> come along.  I'd be happy to show people the latest development version of
> Stellarium.  If you have net access I can show the dynamic download of the
> DSS imagery.

I hope you had a good holiday.

Despite the 10th being a rather cloudy evening, we had a good night.
Feed back has been very positive so I might well try to set up another
evening in the early spring next year.  I shall do my best to let folks
here know with a little more notice though!

Thanks for the offer to show the latest version.  I think for most of
the villagers a viewing of the stars/moon etc through telescopes etc
would be the highest priority.  That said, I'm not about to let the
potential offer of a demo go to waste.  Could you be persuaded to demo
this to us at a LUG meet?  Say in November.  The third Monday falling on
the 17th if that would suit, though I'd be happy to change that date.

Net access has always been a problem.  I will make more effort to try to
sort this even if it means finding an alternate venue to the Brooklyn
Centre.

Cheers,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>