[Ryedale] Happy Birthday to US!

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 17:03:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 04:54:17PM GMT, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> We had a meeting of the Scarborough group a couple of weeks ago, first
> in like 3 years - we got a nice turnout of about 6 with a couple of
> familiar faces and a couple of new ones.

I was close to getting over for this meeting, but last minute I
discovered Ali was already booked to attend a session with the Real WI.
Ho Hum!  Another time perhaps.

> I think we kind of concluded that the Scarborough LUG's main provision
> is a friendly, low volume, mailing list where people can usually get
> sensible answers, and beyond that a beer every now and again.
>
> So perhaps if Ryelug has gone a similar way then stewardship is less
> important :)

I think you might be right Steve.  Has SLUG ever sorted a web site out,
it seems to have been years since something functional has been in
place, or are they simply not bothering with a web precense now?

> Incidentally I am enthusiastically up for a social meet with you guys -
> beer / food / coffee / evening / weekend etc whenever people might be free.

I guess an evening meet towards the end of the month might be on the
cards.  You'll be travelling the furthest - what dates would suit you
Steve?

Toodle pip,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>