[Ryedale] IRC Meet

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 21:53:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:41:38PM GMT, Dave Harding wrote:
> You've got me confused to which of my many e-mail addresses is associated
> with your mailing list :oops!!!

Been there, done that, so many passwords and addresses these days it's
to remember what's what. :)

> Hull LUG is doing OK at the moment thanks.  Over the winter months we've
> generally had about a dozen members attending our regular monthly meetings
> (In the Old grey Mare - opposite Hull University on the 1st Tuesday of the
> month)
>
> The website <http://hulllug.org> is undergoing a bit of a re-vamp right now.
>  I've taken over the hosting, and we're working out the best way to run it.
>  As for forums - things should improve.  I'm of the opinion that we try a
> few things and see what works best.

That's good to hear.  A dozen folks per meeting is pretty good going.

> I started out with good intentions, but my own
> site<http://daveyspeedstar.net>got compromised so all my projects have
> got very chaotic.  Things will get
> sorted - but not overnight :)

My favourite saying at the moment seems to be 'if only I had a time
machine'.  I certainly need one to get all I'd like to do done.

> Glad things are good with you guys, and I'll try to drop into the irc next
> week

The IRC meet worked well, I was getting rather dispondent with it all.
Let's hope new life has been breathed into the LUG.  It'd be good to
chat a bit more, so I hope you make it.

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>