[Ryedale] My experiences comparing Linux Mint Debian vs Ubuntu Studio running GNOME 3

ALEX ARMANI alex.armani at live.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 08:19:53 UTC 2012

My experiences comparing Linux Mint Debian vs Ubuntu Studio running GNOME 3
They are exactly the same once installed for general desktop use.! Apart from the fact with broadband plugged into ethernet and wifi at the same time. Ubuntu is doing updates consistent 2.9 Mbps 24/7/366 whereas with Mint maxes out about 2.7 and is all over the place average about o.5 Mpbs during busy periods. Linux Mint DebIan is supposed to be a rolling release but it is stuck on gnome 3.2.1, but 'buntu is on 3.4.2 Regarding installation, 'buntu is brilliant and everything worked. Mint removed my windows partition and then removed my backup restore partition and put Mint on the space they had at the beginning of my hard drive and my 'buntu 12.o4 and 'buntu 1o.1o were there but unreadable. And this was after asking to install into the free sunpartitioned space on my hard disk. That's about it i think.
I have been reading the current Linux Format last night for the first time in ages. Regarding the GNU/Linux / Linux debateIt should be pronounced always "GEE EN EWE LIN UCKS" not gunno slash linux . slash is a rde word in the usa and it means go for a urinate. yes
GEE EN EWE LIN UCKS in the future please always; and that is final1 ;)

--
 Alex Armani - IT Consultant / Digital Musician
+44 775 459 5449 - MYspace.com/Alex.Armani www.facebook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK