[Ryedale] Welcome to RyeLUG

Pete Foster (xMob) rlug at xmob.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 23:15:40 UTC 2012

>Feel free to write a little piece about yourself by way of introduction.

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in responding.  The original message was dumped in my
spam folder.  :(

Yes, I'm Pete Foster, known as xMob online.

What can I say?  I believe in the right tool for the right job.  I don't use
Linux because it's not Microsoft, I use it where it's appropriate.  In my
particular case this is mainly on my collection of servers in my shed.  I
also do a fair bit of microcontroller based work so Linux is used regularly
during development.

My day to day systems are predominantly Apple.  This is a natural choice for
me, due to its BSD backend.  I suspect that I'm like most people here in
that I spend most of my time in a command shell. ;o)

I've been using computers since 1981 when I got a Sinclair ZX81 for my
birthday.  All my professional career has been working with computers so
I've seen many technologies come and go.

Other hobbies include:
Microelectronics
Model aircraft
Photography
Off road driving

One member here has a stalker, but they don't know it.  This is how I
discovered the Ryedale group:
I've been experimenting with quadcopters a lot lately and out of interest I
did a Google search for "quadcopter Malton".  The first result was the eBay
feedback profile for a certain someone here.  More Googling landed me at
this group.  So, Mr Richards, if you want to meet up sometime and share
findings shout up!  ;o)  Some of my quadcopter videos can be seen at
http://www.youtube.com/xmobuk.

That's me saying hello.  Looking forward to meeting some of you some time
soon.

EOF

--
Pete Foster