[Ryedale] Welcome to RyeLUG

david richards richards.malton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:24:27 UTC 2012

Greetings Peter,

I have never knowingly been stalked before so it came as quite a surprise,
I have just looked at your flight videos, I'm quite excited to think I may
be able to make something similar myself soon, I was especially glad to see
the views from places I know. Wharram looks a great place to explore by
air, the Orchard fields are just down the road from here.

It seems we have some interests in common, I'm in the process of changing
the gearbox in my old land rover, I'll probably get it out today, now that
the seats and floor are out and its all been jet washed clean. It has been
idle since the winter, I've been too nesh to get out and under it. I have
done some off road driving with the seris 2 club around here and in the
dales and moors.

Otherwise I would be doing something on one of my microcomputer projects -
I just received a raspberry pi which needs some time spending  on it. I
have got it working as part of my 1wire home sensors network, but it may
become the main server for that one day. I'm building an i2c 1wire
interface for the pi, one of the chips has just arrived this morning.

The quad copter has taken lots of time over the last few months, I've been
putting a camera and gps system onto it, but never managed to do much
flying with it, I tried it again last week but there is now something wrong
and it can hardly get off the ground, I think the ESCs have become
unconfigured or something is wrong with the flight controller - I haven't
looked yet. It was ok with the same hardware previously but something
happened one day when I was trying a new configuration editor ...

I'd like to meet up to share experiences, David.
richards.malton hat gmail.com