[SC.LUG] Damn!

David Holden sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 5 13:58:00 2002

You may be interested in this article

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lwl1/?t=gr,lnxw04=LLP1

which describes one chaps approach to putting together a linux system to
run on older hardware.

  Dave.

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 00:10, John Southern wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 Dec 2002 12:22 am, Ian Molton wrote:
> > This place is quiet.
> >
> > I can hear the tumbleweeds...
>
> OK.
>
> Just for fun over Christmas (more of an insurance policy if I get no presents)
> I thought about making my own Distro.
> It's aim is purely fun and will never go beyond the front door (that way if it
> does not work I will not get laughed at, and if it does work I won't bore too
> many people).
>
> Has anyone done anything similar?
> Are there any really big gotchas that in Christmas merriment I am likely to
> forget.
>
> Any suggestions of what would be good on it?
>
> Regards
> John

Dr. David Holden. (Systems Developer)
check-out : crystallography journals online <http://journals.iucr.org>

Thanks in advance:-
See: <http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

Personal Links:-
Recommended reading : http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dbnationtp/
UK Privacy (R.I.P)  : http://www.stand.org.uk/commentary.php3
Public GPG key available on request.

-- 99% of politicians give the rest a bad name --