[SC.LUG] New member

Richard Smedley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 27 17:46:00 2002

David Holden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a mail to introduce myself, My name's David Holden, I met some of
> you on saturday at the excellent talk on Linux at Jodrell bank.
>
> I started using linux probably about 95 maybe a little before and have
> been using on and off ever since.

Hello David,

Welcome to the LUG :-)

> I work for a academic publisher, and currently we are converting over to
> using Linux, even on the desktop believe it or not, although the need
> for some key apps mean at the moment some XP machines/Solaris machines
> are still needed.

If you're interested in writing up the reasons
for the changeover (and the practical benefits),
please mail me offlist - we're always interested
in case studies for LinuxPro/LinuxFormat.

Cheers,

- Richard

> Thanks in advance:-
> See: <http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

v good :-)
You'd be surprised by how many word docs most
GNU/Linux magazines get sent :-(

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format