[Sc] computer bits and _Jodrell meet_

Richard Smedley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 8 10:30:00 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

Hello Ian,

Welcome to SC.LUG :-)

> > Maybe that's academic, I think I may have blown it unless it was just
> > the m/b that's gone. Before I did this my lad did something to the
> > case that he won't discuss that also involved breaking his cd
> > player....I fear it involved throwing one at the other
>
> Doh ;-/

Yes, this sort of (potential) event at home keeps
me from buying that rather nice AOpen valve motherboard :-/

http://www.aopen.com/products/mb/ax4b-533tube.htm
http://www.aopen.com/products/mb/Pax4b-533tube.htm
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20020713/etc_ax4btube.html

> > Maybe the survey on the website attracted an unrepresentative
> > selection of the electorate (or folk who had nothing whatsoever to do
> > with sclug).
>
> what website?

www.sc.lug.org.uk
(Quiet after a summer flurry)

> > Anynight, anyone, or do I need to get back to the Jodrell guy before
> > he spends time writing his talk?
>
> I can go anytime.

This autumn I can make (a few) Saturdays and Sundays only :-(
However the vote seemed to be for Thursday, so maybe that's what
you should go for?

<small idea>
Pick a day when you and the Jodrell Bank guy would
/both/ like to come, announce that, gauge enthusiasm :-)
</small idea>

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Join us at LinuxExpo UK - 9-10 October 2002 - Olympia2,
   London - http://www.linuxexpouk.co.uk

        \   ^__^
                ||---ww |
                ||     ||