[SC.LUG] Organic food

Richard Smedley sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 14:15:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 13:54, Ian Molton wrote:

> Well the list normally has no real traffic so unless anyone objects...

traffic does fluctuate here. Anyone who
doesn't like the odd days when 20 or more
mails go through the list, please note
that you can set your account to digest
mode, to receive tham as one mail per day.

> I grow a few things but I have (literally) 4 square metres of garden
> space.

I only garden with imperial measurements =oP
But 40 sq ft is better than nothing (I had
to grow carrots in a window box one year =0)

> This year, Im growing beans, we've grown peas and the plants are dead
> now (didnt get many peas :-(   ), and the tomato plants are pathetic.

Soil type? Drainage? Fertility? Aspect?

> We're moving house soon, so I'm looking forward to getting a nicer
> garden (not a garauntee though :-(     )

Best of luck :-)

Richard Smedley, Dip.Hort.(Kew)
Permaculturist extraordinaire ;-P

     ``In gardens, beauty is a by-product.  The main business is
       sex and death.''                - Sam Llewelyn

This email message may contain privileged or confidential information. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster@livepublishing.co.uk immediately via reply email. Any personal content in this email is that of the individual author and should not be interpreted as being endorsed by the company in whole or in part. Whilst care is taken, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is free from virus infection, and no responsibility is accepted by Live Publishing Group for any disruption, loss or damage arising from its receipt or use.