[SC.LUG] Dual Boot Machines

Robert Marshall sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 14:50:01 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Matthew Tolley wrote:

> Good point! Thanks for the answer :) Only asked because I'm not sure
> which version to go for. Someone I met at a ManLug meeting was
> really pushing Mandrake 9.1 and said he would send me a disc (but
> hasn't). I was wanting to try that alongside, say Lindows and/or my
> existing Red Hat.

And I've had multiple versions of mandrake bootable at the same time.
I wanted the new version but wanted a clean install rather than an
upgrade, so I created a partition elsewhere with 9.0 (yes I'm behind
the times) and installed there and then gradually migrated the /etc
files that I needed to change across from the old to the new

Congratulations your clock is correct! (well the calendar is)

Robert