[SC.LUG] Payment for reprints

Neil Lucock sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jun 1 12:35:47 2003

Hi,

I noticed that Future Publishing have a Linux guide in the newsagents. They've
reprinted the Open Office.org material I wrote for LXF (and lots of other
articles that have appeared in LXF).
I thought that when you write an article you are selling the "First British
Serial Rights" to the publisher. My undestanding was that if it appears in
print again, they should pay you again (although not as much for the First
time it was printed).
Have I got it wrong? Can anyone tell me exactly what the rules are concerning
reprints of material by the same publisher, please?

thanks

Neil