[SC.LUG] Hello! Latest Mandrake offering

Simeon sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Mar 18 19:24:00 2003

Hello Robert

Sounds interesting anyway - my concern is in the past Mandrake seem to
release x.0, x.1 and x.2 where only one of them is really "worth" the
upgrade from the previous series (IIRC 7.1 was the bees knees but 7.2
was really a big step backwards for reasons I can't quite remember).

I've burned the CDs but don't want to fiddle with the HDD partitioning
just yet as I have a few things that need to be done first.

I do however have the shuttle machine under the tv looking after mp3
and DVD - I don't really  want to disturb the DVD workings though,
something I sort-of had working under debian (I think I could play
most things although after the last dist-upgrades I think I stuffed
the decss somewhere along the way) - what's the latest on the latest
distributions re this sort of stuff (eg de-css), as I know debian tends to be more
purist than the others. If it's going to do the job, I might swap that
machine over (assuming the support for tv-out on nvidia 4mx onboard
chips does it's stuff.....)

Not that I'm asking much ;-)

Simeon