[SC.LUG] updating php

Andy Roffe sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu May 29 10:50:00 2003

Nev,

=46rom memory, cobalt used to a dev kit of compilers & libs etc for buildin=
g=20
software for the raq. I can't remember the details but I do remember all th=
e=20
reasons why we discounted the raq as a viable platform. We needed much
more control than the software allowed.=20

If you don't want to take any risks (and I don't blame you if you don't)

Your choices will be as follows :

See if you can get a build kit and with those tools build your rpm from=20
sources.

It is possible the tools you need are on the raq, but IMHO they shouldn't b=
e. =20

Hunt the web to see if anybody has built an rpm for the raq os (possible)

Wait until sun build one. (ha)

I could suggest more ways to solve this but I don't think you'll find it=20
helpful. The problem with appliances is that the bonnet is usually welded=20
shut. :-(

good luck

shout if you need more help.

PS to all : The EnGarde Community edition Version 2 is now available
if anybody wants one let us know.

regards

Andy Roffe=20
iTS-LiNUX Ltd.