[SC.LUG] updating php

Nev sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 28 23:51:01 2003

hi

all i've tried is installing an rpm. i wouldnt know how to build from source
(although i've messed around in the past ok) - i cant afford for the sever
to go down, and if it did i wouldnt know how to get it back running again..
i just dont know enough at this point. although i get a certain amount of
support, i'd rather not go down that road to start with. :)
i do (as instructed by the support guy) 'rpm -U php4.1blah.rpm' and i think
it just returns 'failed on dependancies'.. and lists a load.
i cant find anything on the sun site regarding installation of anything
apart from the sun issued patches/updates. but maybe i just dont look in the
right places :s - i tried some packages from pkgmaster.com, however there
was no documentation etc... once the pkg was installed ok.. i didnt know how
to configure etc.. so they didnt work any way :p lol! so off they came
again.

cheers

nev
nantwich